Using Simmons Voicemail
Article Reference NumberAA-02022
This article provides basic instructions for using Simmons Voicemail. For information on setting up your voicemail, please see Setting up and Changing Voicemail.
For more voicemail functions, please see Advanced Phone and Voicemail Functions.
To log into your Voice Mail, you must complete all of the following steps:
- From Simmons College, dial 2345 (from outside, dial 617-521-2345)
- Enter your mailbox number (the last 4-digits of your telephone number) followed by the # key.
- Enter your password. If you have not used the system before, contact servicedesk.simmons.edu to receive a default PIN. You will be asked for your Simmons ID number.
Voice Mail has a message waiting indication that notifies you when you receive voicemail. A special dial tone when you pick up the handset indicates that you have a message waiting. After logging in, the summary will tell you how many messages you have. Messages play in reverse order, the most recent first.
- Begin by listening to the first message announcement.
- To listen to this message, press 2.
- To skip back 5 seconds, press 1.
- To skip forward 5 seconds, press 3.
- To pause, press #.
- To continue, press 2.
- To go to the next message, press 6.
- To go to the previous message, press 4.
- To go to a specific message, press 86 then the message number and #.
- To delete a message, press 76.
- To restore a message, press 76 again (only within the current session).
- To play the message envelope, press 72.
- To empty the mailbox, press 76 to delete each message.
- Deleted messages are removed when you hang up or press 81.
Additional Commands and Functions
Replying to messages
- 71 immediately after listening to a message.
- 5 when you are ready to record your reply.
- # when you have finished recording.
- 79 to send the message you just recorded.
Calling the Sender
- 9 Immediately after listening to the call.
- 73 After hearing the message.
- Enter the mailbox number you want to forward the message to.
- # after each number entered.
- # to end.
- 5 to record an introduction.
- #to finish introduction.
- 79 to send message.
- Dial 2345.
- Enter the mailbox for the person you are calling.
- #and wait for the tone to record the message, hang up when done.
- 1 - Skip Backwards
- 2 - Play
- 3 - Skip Forward
- 4 - Previous Message
- 5 - Record
- 6 - Next Message
- 7 - Message Commands
- 8 - Mailbox Commands
- * - Help
- 0 - Attendant/Thru Dial
- # - Stop/Exit
- 71 - Reply
- 72 - Play Envelope
- 73 - Forward
- 74 - Reply All
- 75 - Compose
- 76 - Delete/Restore
- 79 - Send
- 7* - Message Help
- 70 - Message Options
- 7# - Cancel/Exit