Setting up and Changing Voicemail
Article Reference NumberAA-02023
- From Simmons College, dial 2345 (from outside, dial 617-521-2345)
- Enter your mailbox number (the last 4-digits of your telephone number) followed by the # key.
- Enter your password. If you have not used the system before, contact servicedesk.simmons.edu to receive a default PIN. You will be asked for your Simmons ID number.
Change your Password
- While logged into Voice Mail, press 84.
- Enter your new password, then press # key. Your password may be from five to sixteen numbers but cannot include the characters # and *.
- Enter the password again, then press #.
- Enter your old password, then press #.
Change audio greeting and recorded name
Callers from outside Simmons College will hear your external greeting while callers within the college will hear you internal greeting. A recording of your name is used for personal verification.
Record your Greeting (including an "out-of-the-office" message)
If you record an external greeting only, all callers will hear this greeting. If you record both an external and an internal greeting, off-campus callers will hear the external greeting while on-campus callers will hear the internal greeting. If you record a temporary greeting, all callers will hear that greeting until the expiry date is reached.
Use the "temporary greeting" feature for vacation, or out-of-the-office messages.
- When logged in to Voice Mail, press 82
- Choose which greeting to record:
- For your external greeting, press 1
- For your internal greeting, press 2
- For your temporary absence greeting, press 3
- To record, press 5
- Wait for the tone before you start to speak
- To end your greeting, press #
Record Your Name:
- While logged in to Voice Mail, press 82
- Press 9
- To record, press 5, wait for tone, and record your name and, if you wish, your extension number
- To end the recording, press #
For additional voicemail usage information, see Using Simmons Voicemail.